Design and Implementation of an Adaptive Framework
- For Development to Deployment flow of WSN applications and provide options for evaluating & incorporating different protocols (Routing, Localization, Time Synchronization and Security) from the application developer's perspective.
- To facilitate faster & agile development of WSN applications
The convergence of Sensing, Processing and Wireless technologies has brought a transition in Wireless Sensor Networks(WSN) from research prototypes to pragmatic real world applications.WSN in general is observed as a service layer for providing context information to Pervasive/Ubiquitous Computing applications. Acquiring this vital information using WSN demands special skill-sets and is tightly coupled with the application requirements. They also have some unique characteristics that make the development of WSN applications on-trivial and more complex.To reduce the time consumed in application development, there is a necessity of a framework holding all the basic system components required by the WSN application. An Adaptive Framework designed and implemented at Ubiquitous Computing Research Resource Centre(UCRC) provides an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the WSN application workflow. It posseses a repository of System Components like Network Communication (Routing), Time Synchronization, Security and Localization. It supports development of WSN application for both TinyOS-1.x and TinyOS-2.x.
WSNIDE is a software facilitating rapid development of WSN Application and provides the following features:
- WSN Application Development Environment and IDE
- Repository of Core WSN System Components Support(Network Communication, Localization, Time Synchronization, and Security)
- Adaptive Framework for WSN Applications(AFWA)
- Plugin for Industry Standard Netbeans IDE
- NESC Syntax Highlighting
- TinyOS1.x and TinyOS2.x Support
- Support for Simulator (TOSSIM [TinyOS1.x])
- Support for In System Programming and Over the Air Programming of Motes
- Integrated Network Sniffer for 802.15.4 Packets for WSN Packet Analysis
(Integration USB Dongle)
- Real Time Sensor Data Plotter
- Support for popular Micaz, Telosb and Iris WSN Motes
The primary benefit is the flexibility of opting the required system components based on the application requirement by abstracting the low level interfaces from the WSN application developer. These flexibilities are being provided as a plugin for the Netbeans IDE.
WSNIDE System Architecture:
- Application Code Snippet
- WSN System Components
- WSN In System Programmer
- WSN Packet Sniffer
- WSN Real Time Plotter
WSNIDE Installation Requirements:
The Basic package requirements of WSN IDE includes
- TinyOS Tools
- TinyOS AVR Tools
- MSP 430 Tools
- AFWA Suite
All the basic requirements for the installation of WSN IDE is bundled into a single package.
Download On Request
For more Information, Contact, firstname.lastname@example.org